As advocates for children, we maintain a mindset of continuous improvement. We are committed to identifying successes, areas of opportunity and facilitating ongoing supports to promote growth towards improved outcomes for all children.
KCSOS’s system of support includes 3 levels of support. Level 1 supports include the six categories displayed in the petals of support image to the right and are provided to ALL LEAs upon request. Level 2 supports are provided to LEAs eligible for differentiated assistance. The options for differentiated assistance are described in the Regulatory Support link below. LEAs eligible for level 3 support are provided technical assistance by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction. Use the Resources links to the right to explore resources available in each category of support.
- Continuous Improvement: A description of KCSOS’s Continuous Improvement Process (CIP) Institute; and resources and tools for LEAs and schools as they plan and implement their continuous improvement efforts.
- Professional Development: Professional learning opportunities for teachers, educators and members of the community and school events calendar of upcoming events.
- Promising Practices: Kern County Innovative & Impactful Schools, local schools who are maintaining a three-year pattern of top 10% proficiency in math and ELA; and California’s Positive Outliers, statewide LEAs who are demonstrating patterns of high performance along with the critical practices and policies that have been shown to promote high performance.
- Networks: “Job alike” meetings focused on systems improvement, educational leadership, collaborative practices and LEA self-selected topics.
- Regulatory Support: Resources for LCAP and SPSA development; and links to LCFF components including: The California School Dashboard, LCFF Support and Assistance, Compliance Monitoring, and Finance & Grants.
- Connection to Resources: Resources to assist LEAs in addressing the state priorities in their Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP); resources on topics related to educational equity.