District Business Services
External Business Services (District Business Services) is a Division of Kern County Superintendent of Schools that is here to assist all 47 of Kern County’s K-12 school districts as well as district-sponsored charter schools and the local community colleges.
External Business Service Includes:
Data Processing External Accounting Payroll/Retirement District Info
- Vendor and Contractor Payments
- Travel Claim Reimbursements
- Purchase Card Payments
- Foundation Accounting
- Rent, Lease and Utility Payments
- cash transfers
- reconciliation of cash
- interest and taxes posting
- wire transfers
- audits of accounts payable
- compliance monitoring
- canceled warrants
- stop payments
- direct deposits
- Audits payroll registers for salary rates, retirement codes, and proper authorizations.
- Provides training and assistance to district payroll staff regarding payroll processes and related areas.
- Act as a liaison between district staff and CalSTRS as well as CalPERS.
- Prepare and file monthly CalSTRS and CalPERS retirement reports.
- Ensure current laws and policies are adhered to as it relates to payroll and retirement reporting.