External Accounting supports all 47 of Kern County’s K-12 school districts as well as district-sponsored charter schools and the local community colleges. External Accounting staff work closely with all School Districts to provide the needed support with general school business and financial operations. Our purpose is to provide accurate and timely district financial accounting and auditing services including but not limited to:
- Cancel/Stop Payments
- District Banking Services
- Auditing – salary rates, retirement codes, and proper authorizations
- Training and Support for District Business staff
- CalSTRS / CalPERS LEA liason
- Payroll / Retirement reporting
Apportionment funds from state and federal agencies received directly or through the Kern County Treasurer’s Office are distributed and posted pursuant to agency direction.