Migrant Education – Region V
Assistance to Districts
Migrant Regional Staff provides direct assistance to districts and school personnel serving migrant students by:
- Collaborating with school district personnel to endorse effective planning and implementation of program activities and services.
- Consulting with districts and school site administrators to implement migrant program activities.
- Providing leadership and staff development services to school district personnel serving migrant students and parents.
- Developing and disseminating effective curriculum materials that address the various learning styles of migrant students that can be used effectively by classroom teachers and parents.
- Supporting the Identification and Recruitment (ID&R) efforts of districts.
- Publishing Region V MIGRANT NEWSLETTER (English/Spanish).
- Providing Region V Program Brochures.
- Migrant Hotline referrals (1-800-234-8848).
District Migrant Programs within Region V
East Bakersfield High
Golden Valley High