Community Connection for Childcare

Child Care Payment Assistance

The California Alternative Payment Program (CAPP) requires submission of a child care application to determine need and eligibility for low-income eligible families. This program is funded by the California Department of Education (CDE). CAPP is a parental choice program. Parents may choose a licensed child care center, a licensed family child care provider, or a license-exempt provider like a family, friend, or neighbor. License-exempt providers must meet program requirements before approval is granted. Children 12 years of age and younger are eligible for child care services.

Who is eligible for payment assistance?
Low income parents and guardian’s living in Kern County who meet at least one of the following criteria:

  • Working
  • Job Search
  • Training for a job
  • Going to School
  • Homeless
  • Incapacitated (with written verification by a legal or licensed qualified professional)

To see if you qualify based on income CLICK HERE to review ranking levels.

Payment assistance Application
To complete a Child Care Application CLICK HERE or DOWNLOAD the application or you may pick up an application at any one of our offices.

Para completar su applicacion en Español, OPRIME AQUI or DESCARGAR oprime aqui

If you’re receiving cash aid, please inform your Department of Human Service Social Service worker that you need child care and they will refer you for services.

If you’re currently not receiving cash aid, but have received it for yourself, with in the past two (2) years, please call (661) 631-6381,
(661) 631-6258 to determine eligibility.