Applying for Title III Funding
- Application for funding is done through ConApp.
- LEAs requesting Title III funding will receive notification from the LPLO office of the funding requirements.
- At that time, LPLO will request that CMT records be created for LEAs who have indicated they are applying for funding. Once there is a review record created and district level staff assigned to it (with correct name, position, phone number and email), the LEA may access CMT and begin to upload documents.
Preparing for Title III Plan
- Conduct Needs Assessment
- Analyze student achievement, language proficiency and other relevant data
- Provide a summary analysis of data
- Include a narrative describing the modifications to program and services to English learners and Immigrant students that will be made based on the analysis of data (Castañeda v. Pickard)
- Write plan. Address all required elements based on the accountability status and funding requested (LEP and/or Immigrant). Use LEA Plan Performance Goal 2
- Work with COE Lead to ensure that plan meets requirements.
- Upload all documents to a folder on a local server until the CMT record becomes available.
- Title III LEA Plan Performance Goal 2 template – This template is to be completed with your plan information for submission to the CDE.
- LEA Plan Performance Goal 2 Instrument – The review protocol for LEAs reviewing Title III LEA Plan Performance Goal 2 plans submitted when applying for Title III funds.
- Plan Performance Goal 2 Cover Sheet (PDF) – This form is to be completed by LEAs with plan specific information when submitting Title III Plan Performance Goal 2 plans for review.
- Needs Assessment Template (DOC) – The template is a technical assistance resource used by LEAs to determine the factors that prevented the LEA from achieving one or more AMAOs.
- English Learner Sub-group Self-Assessment (XLS) – Tool for LEAs to analyze outcomes and program services during preparation of LEAs plans and addenda.
Contact Lilly Rosenberger at (661) 636-4239 email@example.com any additional assistance.