Below you will find information and resources that will assist those looking for employment with KCSOS, teachers or substitute teachers in need of information regarding credentialing matters, and districts within Kern County seeking information about salary schedules and the County Wide Sub List.
To contact us with questions, or assistance in locating forms, please refer to Contact Us page.
Job Opportunities at KCSOS
KCSOS Human Resources department accepts employment applications exclusively through EDJOIN.ORG
For the convenience of job seekers who do not have computer/Internet access at home, two computer kiosks and a scanner are available for use in the Human Resources Department. EDJOIN is an online job search site specific to public education; it allows system users to create a profile and apply for jobs via the Internet. Information obtained from the user’s profile is inserted into an application submitted through the system, making the process very efficient! In addition, documents such as resumes, college transcripts, typing certificates, etc., can be scanned and uploaded to an individual’s EDJOIN profile. The documents are then easily attached to the job application.
Looking for Substitute Opportunities?
Below you will find links to current certificated temporary substitute opportunities and classified substitute opportunities that are open. Click on the listing that you are looking for, read the description and fill out the application by clicking on the application button at the top each listing.
Certificated Temporary Opportunities
- Certificated Migrant Program Supplemental Teacher for Extended Day School
- Migrant Program Supplemental Teacher for Extended Day Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Temporary Extra Help Teachers (Classroom and Independent Study) For Bakersfield and Mojave
- Special Education Extra Help Speech and Language Pathologist (Temporary/Part Time)
- Special Education substitutes/extra help (temporary)
- Substitute Teachers (General Education/Special Education) for Alternative Education in Bakersfield and Mojave for the 2017-2018 School Year
Classified Substitute Opportunities
- Animal Keeper CALM
- CALM Office Assistant
- Campus Supervisor – Alternative Education Bakersfield/Delano Areas
- Child Development Associate
- Child Development Center Aide
- Food Service Assistant
- Migrant School Readiness Assistant Substitute
- Support Services Aide – Migrant Education Extended Day / Tehachapi
- Region V Mobile Team Member – Regular School Year
- Region V Mobile Team Member – Summer
- Region V School Readiness Mobile Tutor – Regular School Year
- Paraprofessional – Alternative Education
- Paraprofessional – Alternative Education Mojave/Bakersfield
- School Bus Driver
- Substitute Cook – CAMP KEEP
- Substitute Naturalist – CAMP KEEP
Credentialed and Teaching Positions in Kern County
“The Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation, and bullying based on actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or parental status or association with a person or a group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.”