- Home /
- Administrator Credentialing Program
Administrator Credentialing Program
The KCSOS Clear Administrative Services Credential (CASC) Program provides a local option for new administrators to clear their Preliminary Administrative Services Credential. Per CTC guidelines, effective January 1, 2017: “any candidate serving on a preliminary Administrative Services credential should be enrolled in a clear induction program upon placement in an administrative position, but no later than one year from activation of the preliminary credential.”
If you are interested in enrolling in the KCSOS CASC Program, please complete an Intent to Enroll Form and submit it according to the directions at the bottom of that document.
For CASC Program information, please contact: Cathie Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org or (661) 636-4593.
- Two-year induction/coaching-based, job-embedded program.
- Individualized Induction Plan (IIP) based on California Professional Standards for Educational Leaders (CPSELs) and the Descriptions of Practice (DoP).
- Collaborative work between the district, the administrator candidate, the coach and Program—Contracts are completed between the Program and each candidate and coach.
- Administrator candidate cost: $7,200 for 2016-17 (payable in quarterly installments)
- Administrator candidates complete job-embedded activities related to three CPSEL goals each year to demonstrate they meet the DoP practice that meets the standard.
KCSOS Responsibilities to Administrator Candidates
- Provide coaching support within 30 days of application to the program.
- Provide an opportunity for candidates to evaluate their coach and procedures for replacing a coach who is determined to be ineffective or not fulfilling their coaching obligations.
- Provide options for support in times of crisis when the coach is unavailable.
- Train the coaches.
- Assist in the completion and maintenance of candidate records.
- Provide professional learning and networking opportunities each year.
Administrator Candidate Responsibilities
- Enroll in a Tier II Program within one year of starting an administrative position.
- Pay KCSOS fees of $7,200 for the two-year induction program.
- Meet at least 3 hours monthly with their coach.
- Attend three Action-Research Forums annually (2:30-5:30 P.M.).
- Read, summarize and reflect on three research-based resources annually.
- Complete all activities as written in the Individual Induction Plan in a timely manner related to three CPSEL goals annually.
- Incomplete or insufficient evidence of goal attainment may result in program termination.