CalSTRS Retirement Fundamentals Workshop
What topics are covered?
- Basic information about CalSTRS
- What it costs to be in CalSTRS
- How benefits are calculated
- Details on the CalSTRS defined benefit formula
- How to provide a lifetime benefit for another person
- Disability and survivor benefits
If a contracted financial planner is included:
- Why financial planning is important
- Completing a financial check-up
- How to determine your retirement goal
- Other sources of retirement income
- Investment risk tolerance
- Tax deferred accounts
- How to choose a financial planner
- What to do next as a mid-career educator
What’s unique about this workshop?
Who is this workshop meant for?
Who presents the workshop?
How long does it last?
When is it usually held?
How many people are in this workshop?
Who/what should I bring with me?
- An interest in learning about your CalSTRS benefits.
- If you would like, your spouse/registered domestic partner or other guest.