Foster Youth Services
Resources for Foster Youth
Foster Youth Rights
- Foster Youth Rights
- Foster Youth Education Rights (English)
- Foster Youth Mental Health Bill of Rights
- California Foster Care Ombudsman’s Office
Focuses on foster youth rights and facts. Also a free Help Line 1-877-846-1602
- High School Graduation Alternatives
- California Foster Care Education Law Fact Sheets
- Kern County District Foster Youth Education Liaison
- Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program
Contact information for Foster Youth Services Coordinating Program statewide, core district, countywide, and juvenile detention programs.
- AB 490 Educational Liaisons for Foster Youth
Statewide contact information for the Assembly Bill 490 Educational liaisons at the county offices of education.
- Kern County Independent Living Services for Foster Youth (ILP)
The Independent Living Program [ILP] is a federally funded program that provides services to assist eligible youth and young adults up to age 21 in making a successful transition from foster care to independent living.
- Foster Youth Services at Kern High School District
- Foster Youth Educational Planning Guide
- Planning for College
- Community College Foster Youth Enrollment Information
- CSU Foster Youth Resource Guide
- UC Foster Youth Resource Guide
- Aging Out of Foster Care: What You Need to Know
- After 18 Factsheet
- 21 Things: Don’t Leave Foster Care Without These
- AB 12
A California law gives foster youth the option to remain in foster care and receive services and supports until age 21.
- Re-entry: Coming Back into Extended Foster Care
- Foster Club