Alternative Education Philosophy
Alternative Education is a student centered option that supports and embraces the diverse needs of students by providing an alternative method of delivering instruction and monitoring academic success. Rigorous curricula, intervention programs, extended learning opportunities and safe environments are characteristics of Alternative Education programs. Collaboration with partner agencies and school districts is integral to providing available resources to the students of Kern County.
Our Mission Statement
The mission of Alternative Education is to meet the unique educational, social, and emotional needs of our diverse student population in a safe and nurturing environment to encourage students to develop an enthusiasm for life-long learning and pursue post-high school opportunities.
Our Vision Statement
We empower students to develop skills necessary for success in a 21st century global society. The Alternative Education program focuses on developing the “whole student,” by emphasizing transferable skills leading to academic success and productive citizenship.
School-wide Learner Outcomes
- 1. Effective communicators who…
- analyze and synthesize information in order to effectively communicate findings
- collaborate with peers to develop solutions for real-world challenges
- demonstrate effective and appropriate interpersonal skills in a variety of settings
- utilize technology proficiently in a 21st century culture
- 2. Invested learners who…
- actively work toward academic improvement and achievement leading to graduation
- take responsibility for their own academic success
- pursue college and career readiness opportunities
- 3. Responsible citizens who…
- make positive contributions to their families, communities, and society
- understand the importance of making healthy choices to promote personal well-being
- get along with peers and respect the ideas and cultural diversity of others
- know how to access appropriate resources when needed
To learn more about our Community Schools, click here.
To learn more about our Court Schools, click here.