Few things to keep in mind which will help you become a good parent are:
- Lead by example – Children learn things by observing their parents and therefore it becomes important that you lead by example. Always ask yourself as to what effect will your decision have on your child.
- Appreciate your child – The more you appreciate the good things about your child, the more will it inspire your child to repeat good behavior.
- Set limits – You need to help your child develop self-control and setting limits is a good way of ensuring that they do not mistake their independence as a license to do whatever they feel like to. Being independent helps your child develop a sense of self-direction however, if the independence is not controlled, you child can turn rebellious and become disobedient.
- Be consistent – Consistency is the key to being a good parent.
These simple parenting tips can help you make a lasting impact on your child’s behavior.
- Tip Sheets for Parents
14 tip sheets from Child Welfare written to help service providers offer guidance to parents and caregivers on specific issues, while supporting factors known to protect families from the risk of child abuse and neglect. Each easy-to-read factsheet focuses on concrete steps parents can take to care more effectively for their children and strengthen their family. Titles include “Keeping Your Family Strong,” “Managing Stress,” “Managing Your Finances,” “Helping Your Child Heal From Trauma,” “Bonding With Your Baby,” “Dealing With Temper Tantrums,” “Parenting Your School-Age Child,” “Connecting With Your Teen,” “Teen Parents? You’re Not Alone,” “Ten Ways to Be a Better Dad,” “Raising Your Grandchildren,” “Military Families,” “How to Develop Strong Communities,” and “Parenting Your Child With Developmental Delays and Disabilities.” Available also in Spanish.
- What’s the Difference Between Discipline and Punishment?
- Setting Limits
- Finding Solutions to Problem Behavior
- Another Way To Understand Children’s Behavior
- What To Do When You’re Angry At Your Kid
- How to Discipline Children with Love and Limits
- Keeping Up with Spirited Kid
- Temper Tantrums
- Twelve Alternatives to Lashing Out at Your Child
- The Up-Hill Struggle – Getting Children to Clean up their Rooms
- Children Who Bite: What Can You Do?
- Toilet Learning
- Shopping with Your Children
- Potty Training Tips
- Play: it’s the way young children learn.
- Tips for Creating a Healthy Eating Environment
- Picky or Choosy Eaters?
- La Lectura es lo Primero
- Calmando a un bebé que llora
- Comprendiendo el Comportamiento de sus Hijos
- El Juego es Fundamental
- Sobreviviendo el entrenamiento del uso del baño
- Ganando la guerra de las tareas
- El poder de elegir
- La rivalidad entre hermanos
- Consejos de Cuidado Infantil
- Enfoque Familiar en el
- Enfoque Familiar en
- Estrategias para Padres
- Padres y Adolescentes Hablan Hablan
- The Parent Toolbox – a podcast series to help you with all the challenges of parenting and care-giving from Community Connection for Child Care