Region V Mobile Tutor – Summer
Under the supervision of the Migrant Education Coordinator and Bilingual Secretary, the Mobile Tutor will provide supplementary academic services to migrant children.
$15.00 per hour
Experience working with students in tutoring situations, providing virtual assistance with curriculum. Knowledge with technology and distance learning preferred.
Minimum Education Requirement
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and 48 semester units/72 quarter units or successful completion of paraprofessional exam (offered every 3 months-contact Elizabeth Mackay at 661-636-4673 for dates and registration).
- Must be a full time student-Spring transcript must show 12 units taken as well as registered for 12 units in the upcoming Fall semester.
- Bilingual Required (Spanish/English)
- Maintain a 2.3 GPA- (must submit transcripts)
- Available to work flexible schedule, full days and weekends as needed (June-Mid July, up to 40 hours weekly)
- Possess a valid California Driver’s license and proof of current insurance
- Access to or use of reliable personal vehicle.
- Be able to communicate effectively and utilize training received into action performed
Examples of Duties
Provide summer distant learning services under the direction of a certificated teacher. Tutor students virtually using a variety of educational programs. Work with students, families and school staff to improve students’ ability to succeed in school. Maintain documentation of service hours. Other activities may include assisting with program events, attending organizational meetings and recruitment functions, and other duties as assigned.
Natalia Rodriguez, Migrant Education Coordinator (661) 636‐4776
Kim Salas, Migrant Education Bilingual Secretary (661) 636-4780
Application for Employment – Substitute Temporary – Classified
All candidates must file a Substitute/Temporary Classified Application and Supporting documentation with the Human Resources Department at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93301. Applications are available below, or at our offices. Substitute /Temporary Classified Employment Application (may be downloaded at www.kern.org/hr/)