Human Resources

Region V Mobile Team Member – Regular School Year

Under the supervision of the Migrant Education Coordinator and Bilingual Secretary, the Mobile Team Member will provide supplementary academic services to migrant children.


$13.00 per hour

Minimum experience

Experience working with students in tutoring situations, providing classroom assistance, or other training situations.

Minimum Education Requirement

High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and 48 semester units/72 quarter units or successful completion of para-professional exam (offered every 3 months-contact Elizabeth Mackay at 661-636-4693 for dates and registration).

Minimum requirements

Must be a full time student-School transcript must show 12 units taken for Fall and Spring Semester. 12 units must be maintained throughout the school year.

Bilingual Required (Spanish/English)

Maintain a 2.3 GPA- (must submit transcripts)

Available to work flexible schedule, evenings and weekends as needed (September-May, up to 20 hours weekly)

Possess a valid California Driver’s license and proof of current insurance

Access to or use of reliable personal vehicle

Be able to communicate effectively and utilize training received into action performed

Examples of Duties

Provide direct tutoring services to students and work directly with families and schools to improve students’ ability to succeed in school. Maintain documentation of services and activities. Other activities may include assisting with program events, attending organizational meetings and recruitment functions, and other duties as assigned.


Lourdes Lule-Licea, Migrant Education Coordinator (661) 636-4776
Kim Salas, Migrant Education Bilingual Secretary I (661) 636-4780

Application for Employment – Substitute Temporary – Classified

All candidates must file a Substitute/Temporary Classified Application and Supporting documentation with the Human Resources Department at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93301. Applications are available below, or at our offices. Substitute /Temporary Classified Employment Application (may be downloaded at