The Department of Technology Services at KCSOS provides Network design and installation, network support, Novell support, network monitoring services for LAN/WAN clients.
- KCSOS serves as the central network hub for Kern County school districts and schools.
- The County has 47 school districts and 228 schools, serving more than 141,000 K-12 students.
- Currently, 46 of the districts are linked to the KCSOS via a wide-area network (WAN) for various educational and administrative purposes.
- More than 180 school sites have installed cabling infrastructures and networks to allow wide-area communications and information access to the Internet.
- School districts may interconnect to the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office via the WAN for business and administrative services, Internet Services, World Wide Web, e-mail system, and other state-of-the-art information systems. Increasingly, county school systems from other regions of the state are also choosing to interconnect to KCSOS for various information resources.
- KCSOS has designed its facility local-area networks (LANs), City Centre fiber optic network, and wide-area data, microwave, video and satellite network systems to support local, regional, and statewide services for schools and community. The voice, data, video, and microwave systems reflect both present and future state-of-the-art education delivery systems.