- Health screening and educational mandates as requested by District.
- Implement applicable Education Code requirements concerning immunizations, infectious diseases and specialized physical health care services.
- Develop and implement classroom curriculum related to current health promotion and prevention education guidelines.
- Update and maintain school health records.
- Monitor and review medication administration policies and protocols.
- Attend school health emergencies while on school district site.
- Act as a resource and trainer to staff and parents in regards to health services.
- Attend IEP & 504 meetings as requested by District and complete associated assessments, written reports, annual and 3 year reviews.
- Refer the pupil and his or her parent or guardian to appropriate community resources for necessary services.
- Prepare and submit applicable state mandates reports to the California Department of Education.
Cal-Safe Program Contact
Shelley E. Northrop