ATTENTION SCHOOL STAFF
The Kern County Children’s Dental Health Network will be accepting applications from school staff for FREE dental services for children at their pre and kindergarten school sites SOON!
The services are available only to children between the ages of 3-5 years (or enrolled in kindergarten). The dental services include an oral screening, a professional cleaning, an application of topical fluoride, placement of sealants (if molars are erupted) and treatment for decay (if needed) by a local pediatric dentist. The services are free and made possible by First 5 Kern (tobacco tax funds).
Visit our website in March, 2018 to apply!
Thank you for helping us keep children healthy and teaching lifelong health habits!
Referral process is an easy & quick to assist parents with accessing a local pediatric dentist, free of charge for treatment of decay. When a school nurse or health aid identifies a child who has visible decay, the Nurse simply takes a referral to the KCCDHN office. The process is simple. Just complete the brief referral form, fax or email email@example.com to our office, and our staff will facilitate an appointment with one of our 3 local pediatric dentists.
All necessary medical forms and assistance for parents will be completed by phone by our program staff. At the first dental appointment, medical forms will be reviewed and signed by the parent. Translation services, if needed, are also provided.
- The Nurse Referral System is available to children ages 0-5 who have visible decay or are experiencing pain.
- Referrals can be submitted throughout the year.
- Referral forms are brief and easy to complete.
- Staff is bilingual and available to provide information to nurses/health aids and parents.
- Referrals can be submitted by fax to 661.377.0329 or by email. If you are interested and would like to receive a screening and referral forms, please contact Barbara Antongiovanni at 661.377.0328.