CalSTRS Retirement Check-Up
What topics are covered?
- Basic information about CalSTRS
- Details about CalSTRS benefits and programs
- How benefits are calculated
- How to provide a lifetime benefit for another person
- Disability and survivor benefits
- Working after retirement
- Information sources for prospective retirees
What’s unique about this workshop?
Members who are close to retirement get a detailed explanation of the retirement process.
Who is this workshop meant for?
Late-career educators who have five years or less before retirement.
Who presents the workshop?
A local CalSTRS Benefits Counselor.
How long does it last?
One and a half hours.
How many people are in this workshop?
Up to 50 people.
Who/what should I bring with me?
- An interest in learning about your CalSTRS benefits.
- If you would like, your spouse/registered domestic partner or other guest.