Region V School Readiness Mobile Tutor – Regular School Year
Under the supervision of the Migrant Education Program Specialist, the School Readiness Mobile Tutor will provide supplementary academic services to pre school aged migrant children.
$16.00 per hour
Experience working with preschool children in tutoring situations or working in child development programs.
Minimum Education Requirement
- High School Diploma, or G.E.D., and 48 semester units/72 quarter units or successful completion of para-professional exam.
- A minimum of 12 post high school semester units in Early Childhood Education required.
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- Bilingual Required (Spanish/English)
- Available to work flexible schedule, evenings and weekends as needed (June – July, up to 30 hours weekly)
- Possess a valid California Driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Access to or use of reliable personal vehicle
- Be able to communicate effectively and utilize training received into action performed
Examples of Duties
Plan and provide age appropriate activities in the area of early childhood education. Work directly with families and schools to improve children’s readiness for successful transition into kindergarten. Maintain documentation of services and activities. Other activities may include assisting with program events, attending organizational meetings and recruitment functions, and other duties as assigned.
Mayra Garza, Migrant Education Program Specialist (661) 636-4398
All candidates must file a Substitute/Temporary Classified Application and Supporting documentation with the Human Resources Department at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93301. Applications are available below, or at our offices.
Substitute /Temporary Classified Employment Application (may be downloaded at www.kern.org/hr/)