Substitute Naturalist – KEEP
$15.74 per hour
– One year experience with children and/or environmental education preferred.
Minimum Education Requirement
– A BA or BS degree from an accredited college or university preferred or the completion of a BA or BS within one year of hire.
– Passage of a pre-employment medical assessment.
– Some positions may require proof of privately owned automobile insurance and possess a valid California Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
– Possess or secure within one month of employment a certificate for first aid and CPR issued by the American Red Cross or equivalent.
Example of Duties
Develop, teach and coordinate with other Naturalists a trail program, conduct trail walks for groups of students, develop, and operate non-trail activities; help develop resource material in subject areas related to overall program goals; develop appropriate student behavior through positive reinforcement strategies and techniques; develop a variety of instructional materials and learning aids, including displays and exhibits; perform routine first aid and request assistance for non-routine injury and illness.
Maintain a clean, safe and secure facility; sing, tell stories and strive to make possible a positive memorable lifetime experience for all participants.
Elizabeth Roberts – 805-528-5330
Please send all applications to:
PO Box 6091
Los Osos, CA 93412
All candidates must file a Substitute/Temporary Classified Application and Supporting documentation with the Human Resources Department at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93301. Applications are available below, or at our offices.
Substitute /Temporary Classified Employment Application (may be downloaded at www.kern.org/hr/)