Substitute Campus Supervisor – Alternative Education Bakersfield/Delano Areas
Campus Supervisors assist the administration and teaching staff in the supervision of students on school grounds, parking lots, study halls, and areas adjacent to the school to ensure proper conduct, maximum class attendance, and student/staff safety.
This job classification exercises responsibility for enforcing school rules and regulations pertaining to student behavior, order, and conduct.
$13.81 per hour
Minimum Experience Requirement
- Three years responsible experience involving a considerable amount of youth work, preferably some of which has been gained in a high school setting.
- Approved techniques and methods of youth supervision; rules and regulations pertaining to student behavior and conduct on campus; correct English usage, grammar, and punctuation.
Minimum Education Requirement
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
Conditions of Employment
- Possess or secure within six months of employment a certificate for first aid and CPR issued by the American Red Cross or equivalent.
- A preplacement medical assessment is a condition of appointment after all other required job conditions have been met.
- Some positions may require proof of privately owned automobile insurance and possession of a valid California Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
- Fingerprint clearance by both the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the California Department of Justice is a condition of appointment after all other required job conditions have been met.
- Must present verification of completion of Child Abuse Mandated Reporter training or obtain verification within six (6) weeks of hire and annually thereafter, as required by the California Child Abuse and Neglect
Janet Sandlin 661-636-4720
All candidates must file a Substitute/Temporary Classified Application and Supporting documentation with the Human Resources Department at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93301. Applications are available below, or at our offices.
Substitute /Temporary Classified Employment Application (may be downloaded at www.kern.org/hr/)