Migrant Summer Recruiter
Regional Summer Recruiter Migrant Education Program Services
Bakersfield and outlying areas
Under direction, the Regional Summer Recruiter performs liaison functions with school districts, and other agencies as assigned in the collection and processing of data.
Minimum Education Requirement:
Two (2) years of college is preferred. However, any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the above duties is acceptable.
- One year performing similar job duties desired.
- Correct oral and written language usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation in English and Spanish;
- data management, storage, and retrieval systems;
- multicultural and inter-actional modes;
- Region V geographic area.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must maintain proof of privately owned automobile insurance and possess a valid California Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
- Employee must be available beginning April 22nd to attend mandatory training and end approximately August 31, 2013.
- The job is a 5 hour shift in the evenings and weekends with the possibility of more hours
- Salary $14.00 per hour
Examples of duties
The Regional Summer Recruiter performs complex and technical clerical work involving a review and audit of a variety of materials and a thorough familiarity with policies, practices, and procedures pertaining to the unit work functions;
Contact: Salvador Avalos 661-636-4772
All candidates must file a Substitute/Temporary Classified Application and Supporting documentation with the Human Resources Department at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93301. Applications are available below, or at our offices.
Substitute /Temporary Classified Employment Application (may be downloaded at www.kern.org/hr/)