Instructional Aide II – Extended Day/Summer, Migrant Education Extended Program Services – Semi Tropic
Under direction of the Migrant Education Program (Lead Teacher), the Instructional Aide II – Migrant Education Extended Day/Summer – Semi Tropic provides supplemental tutoring to individual and small groups of migrant students in, Language Arts, Math and other content areas/subjects including School Readiness Skills (PK) depending on specific assignment.
Tutoring takes place during extended days (possibly weekends) during the regular year and summer school.
Tutoring may take place at school, community sites or in homes depending on student or program need.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- rovide tutoring assistance to migrant students;
- assist Lead Teacher in preparing supplemental materials to be used by migrant students;
- attend and participates in pre-service, in-service, and parent meetings as requested;
- participate in on-going communication and supervision by Lead Teacher and Region Representatives;
- maintain appropriate records for each migrant student;
- assist in collecting data necessary for program;
- make home visits as needed/or assigned;
- assist with parent involvement activities as needed.
Correct oral and written language usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation in English; and tutoring techniques.
Communicate and work well with diverse populations on a professional/personal basis; if needed, communicate in second language (e.g. Spanish); work flexible hours based on needs of migrant families’ schedules.
Previous experience performing similar job duties is preferred.
High School graduation or equivalent required.
Associate’s degree preferred.
Conditions of Employment:
Some positions may require proof of privately owned automobile insurance and possess a valid California Motor Vehicle operator’s license.
Fingerprint clearance by both the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the California Department of Justice is a condition of appointment after all other required job conditions have been met.
This position has a probationary period of six months or 130 days, whichever is longer.
Please address questions to Migrant Education Coordinator, Philomena Hall at (661) 636-4776.
All candidates must file a Substitute/Temporary Classified Application and Supporting documentation with the Human Resources Department at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, Bakersfield, CA, 93301. Applications are available below, or at our offices.
Substitute /Temporary Classified Employment Application (may be downloaded at www.kern.org/hr/)