Data, Reports and Research
Data is critical to making a case. It is valuable when writing a strong needs statements and equally if not important when developing a program design. The Internet is an excellent resource for search engines, research and more. The following are some excellent links to bookmark for later use. I am always searching for more sites, so please email any suggestions to email@example.com
- http://www.cde.ca.gov/ds/ – Ca Department of Education has a Web page dedicated to statistics and reports. Dataquest is one of my favorites. On this web site you can drill down to specific county, school districts and then schools.
- EdBrief – Ed Brief provides a page dedicated to reports and research.
- American Fact Finder – Census.gov provides valuable community and local statistics.
- Lucile Packard Foundation Children’s Health www.Kidsdata.org
- California Healthy Kids Survey Data http://www.wested.org/cs/chks/print/docs/chks_bsearch.html
- Kern County Report Card – go to http://www.kcnc.org/ for past reports or more information
- California Finance Department – good resource for population numbers go to http://www.dof.ca.gov/research/demographic/state_census_data_center/census_2010/view.php#DP
- Healthy Kern County: Better Health http://www.healthykern.org/