Social Media and Grant Writing #3 Blog
Today I attended a Levan Institute for Life Long Learning social media class taught by Jamie Butow from The Bakersfield Californian. I am excited about learning how to use social media, specifically for promoting and learning about resource development and funding opportunities. I am diving into using Twitter and have to say, it is great!!!! I have already discovered new resources and great information about funding opportunities. Jamie Butow highlighted a few basic rules for getting started on using social media to share information. Check them out….
- Build relationships by engaging in conservation with prompts and questions….
- Have a point person – evangelists who is in charge of your message
- Focus on the engagement. The numbers will grow but focus on engagement and conversations. Do Focus on numbers eventually to just see what is working and what is not working.
- Content is king. Get conversations going….
- Define your audience to continue to communicate…this will define the platform you want to use
- Identify your area of expertise
- Updates should be consistent
- Integrate information across the social media sites by putting links on print materials, posts, etc.
- Complete your social media profile