Disney’s Planet Challenge
Project Funding for California Classrooms! This school year (2010-2011), DonorsChoose.org aims to support $3 million dollars worth of project requests from California classrooms, with a focus on math and science requests. To get started teachers should: 1. Visit www.donorschoose.org/teacher and select the orange “Get Started” button to create a teacher account. 2. Log in to your account and begin submitting your classroom resource requests! Funding isn’t guaranteed, but if teachers submit their projects now there’s a great chance their classroom can benefit this fall and throughout the school year. Below, please find two specific opportunities to benefit California teachers (where chance of success is even higher)!
Funding for 3rd through 8th Grade Public School Classrooms to Execute Projects to Benefit the Environment!
1. What’s available? Disney’s Planet Challenge is offering match funding to hands-on environmental project(s) submitted by 3rd through 8th grade teachers requesting $650 or less in materials. Full-funding is available to teachers who also sign up to participate in Disney’s Planet Challenge!
2. Who qualifies? If you are a full-time 3rd through 8th grade teacher at a public school, you can qualify for this funding!
3. How do I participate? There are three easy steps to qualify for this funding:
- First, log in to your teacher account on DonorsChoose.org (if you don’t have one, any public school teacher can sign up at www.donorschoose.org/teacher).
- Once you’re logged in, submit a hands-on project request focused on benefiting the environment(projects on water conservation and watershed protection, recycling, composting, restoring/creating community gardens, etc.) requesting $$650 or less in materials.
- If interested, visit http://dpcproject.com and sign up for the Disney’s Planet Challenge, using the same email address you used for your DonorsChoose.org account.
Make sure to submit your request as soon as possible for the best chance of funding. Projects must be submitted before November 1st for consideration.
4. Then what happens? Within a week of project approval, if your projects meets the above criteria, you will see a Disney’s Planet Challenge logo on your project page. This means it has qualified for this match offer and now has a great chance of being fully funded by the other donors that visit our site. If your project qualifies and you sign up for Disney’s Planet Challenge, your project will receive this funding by 12/18/10.