The Kern County Science Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) public non-profit organization created in 1988. Our mission is to advance youth interest in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) in Kern County.
- Promote career and education interest in science and technology.
- Foster a scientifically literate populace
- Enhance the image of science and technology by communicating their importance
- Prepare youth to be the scientific and technological leaders of tomorrow
Institutions represented on the Foundation are: Aera Energy LLC; Chevron North American Exploration and Production; Bakersfield College; University of California Ag. Extension Office; California State University, Bakersfield; Air Force Research Laboratory, Edwards AFB; Kern County Ag. Department, Kaiser Permanente, Grimmway Farms, Occidental of Elk Hills, Inc.; Comprehensive Blood and Cancer Center; Tejon Ranch Company, Kern High School District; and Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office.
- President John Hester, Aera Energy LLC
- Vice President Sandra Szymanski, Chevron North America Exploration and Production
- Secretary Joel Hoffman, Oil & Gas Professional
- Treasurer Liz Rozell, Bakersfield College
Donations are the life blood of the Kern County Science Foundation. Major contributors are recognized publicly, and small donations help us maintain our public non-profit status. Levels of sponsorship are: Stewards Circle-$10,000 and up; Sustaining Sponsor-$5,000-$9,999; Support Sponsor-$1,000-$4,999; Participating Sponsor-$500-$999; Sponsor-$1-$499.
Additionally, please like us on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/KernCountyScienceFoundation for further information and updates about science.