The Kern County Science Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) public non-profit organization created in 1988 to promote science and technology education in Kern County.
One of the major events sponsored by the Kern County Science Foundation is the Kern County Regional Science Fair. Additional information is contained in the Science Fair Judging Invitation. If you would like to help, please complete the online Science Fair Judging Form. The date for the 2017 Science Fair is March 13-14, 2017. Aera Energy LLC is the Founding and Primary Sponsor. Winners of scholarships are announced at the Science Fair.
The Foundation also funds, fully or partially, student events such as MATHCOUNTS, Middle School Math Field Day, Physics Olympics, AP Calculus & Statistics Contests, and a Rubik’s Cube Competition. In addition, the Foundation gives scholarships, provides funding for Summer Science Camps, and provides STEM professional development to teachers, using such programs as GEMS.
2017 Science Fair Forms
- Intermediate Grades (4 & 5) Division – 2017 Student Entry Form (Interactive)
- Intermediate Grades (4 & 5) Division – 2017 Student Entry Form
- Middle School and Senior High School Division – 2017 Student Entry Form (Interactive)
- Middle School and Senior High School Division – 2017 Student Entry Form
- School/District Intent to Participate Form
- Institutional Review Board Information Sheet
2017 Science Fair Rules
2017 Science Fair Results
2017 Kern County Middle School Math Field Day
(For Grades 6, 7 and 8)
2017 Kern County Middle School
The date is April 29, 2017 at Liberty High School
School Intent to Participate March 29, 2017
Team Registration April 10, 2017
Coaches Meeting January 25, 2017