Fair Art Due
GUIDELINES: Please read over guidelines before turning in any artwork.
- Submit the best 2 or 3 entries from any one teacher/class. Entries should be varied media, but please note that photography with not be accepted.
- Please submit entries for only grade levels Preschool, K-8 and Special Education – NOT high school.
- Only one entry per student wanting to participate will be accepted, with Entry Labels securely attached (glued or stapled– not paper clipped) to the entry.
- Each entry must be listed on a School Art Entry List with all school information completed – the Fair no longer requires the individual Art Entry Form. Please consider sending an adult volunteer to help with the art installation on September 17 and the art removal on October 1.
- Art works should be original in color and design. Avoid completion-type projects.
- Three-dimensional art pieces (including paper-maché) will not be accepted due to transportation, storage and display constraints.
- The children’s art will be displayed according to the grade level.
DELIVERY OF ENTRIES: Please follow guidelines to ensure that entries will be displayed at the Fair.
All art entries should be submitted to the Kern County Superintendent of Schools (KCSOS) by May 25, 2018. Each entry must be accompanied by an Art Entry List, which is enclosed with this letter. (The List may be copied if needed.) A Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office “Art Entry” label must be filled out and FIRMLY attached (glued or stapled– not paper clipped) to THE FRONT AND TO THE BACK of each entry.
Entries for the Kern County Fair must be delivered on or before May 25, 2018, to Rhonda Dickson at the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, 1300 17th Street, City Centre Building, 5th floor. If you have issues with delivering on time, please call Rhonda at (661) 636-4649. Fair art information and forms are also available at the KCSOS website in the list of Student Events at the end of the calendar at: http://kern.org/cia/student-events/
PREPARATION OF ENTRIES: Proper preparation is important to safeguard artwork.
Art entries need to be matted. Do not submit entries in frames. Do not use expensive mats; the entries will be stapled for display. Schools should submit their work in an art folder or in a carton or wrapped marked with the school’s name in ink. Three-dimensional art pieces (including paper-maché) will not be accepted due to transportation, storage and display constraints.
The Kern County Fair opens on September 19, 2018 and runs through September 30, 2018. The artwork will be installed on September 17, 2018 and judging will take place on September 18. Removal of the artwork will be on October 1, 2018. We would really appreciate any help you can give on those days.
If you have any questions, please call the Kern County Superintendent of Schools Office, (661) 636-4649.