Mobile Nav

Community Connection For Child Care

Kern County Superintendent of Schools

State Requirements when you have employees

Family Child Care Home and Child Care Center Licensing Requirements

State Requirements

If your employee earns more than $50 per calendar quarter, the state requires you to:

  1. Obtain a state or federal employer identification number
  2. Withhold state income tax
  3. Withhold state disability insurance
  4. Pay unemployment insurance tax
  5. Pay worker’s compensation insurance.

For more information contact:

State Employment Development Department
1924 Q St.
Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661) 395-2600

If you use a name for your business other than yours, you need to file for a fictitious business name.

Bakersfield County Clerk
1115 Truxtun Ave.
Bakersfield, CA 93301
(661) 861-2961

Ridgecrest Municipal Court
132 E. Coso Blvd.
Ridgecrest, CA 93555
(760) 375-5783

back to top